NCsoft and Paragon Studios has launched City of Heroes Issue 22: Death Incarnate. As the first major free update to City of Heroes Freedom, the update introduces new powers and costumes, exclusive VIP content, expanded endgame features and reintroduces Dark Astoria, a zone corrupted by evil magical forces.
Death Incarnate new features:
– Dark Astoria Incarnate Zone: Dark Astoria becomes a Co-op Incarnate Zone in Death Incarnate, allowing level +50 players to participate in the “danse macabre” co-op style gameplay as they traverse the dark, twisted, undead nightmare that has become Dark Astoria.
– Darkness Power Set: A horrifying new Power Set for Controllers and Dominators, Darkness Control allows players to command shadows and spectral minions to terrorise their foes.
– Dilemma Diabolique Incarnate Trial: Heroes and Villains must band together against the evil sorceress Diabolique as she wrests the power from the banished god Mot. If she succeeds in her plans, all of creation will be in jeopardy as she moves to take her “rightful” role as the master of all creation.
– More content for all levels: Fight off the Shivans as they attack Bloody Bay by grouping up in the new PvE Trial Drowning in Blood. Take your Hero or Villain through new Mission Arcs in Steel Canyon and Cap au Diable. Save Talos Island and Sharkhead Isle from Adamastor’s rage as he cuts a wave of destruction across the islands in the new Adamastor Zone Event.
City of Heroes Issue 23 is in its final stages of pre-production and Issue 24 is currently in the works, according to the MMO’s new producer Melissa Bianco.
Latest posts by Krypton Radio (see all)
- Video of the Day: ‘Batman vs. Superman’ - October 23, 2014
- Watch Partial Solar Eclipse 2014 - October 23, 2014
- Krypton Radio First Look: ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ - October 22, 2014