If it exists, there is filk of it. That’s one of the remarkable things about having a radio station like ours – you get to play all sorts of music most radio stations would never even consider. Today, we found a Minecraft music video to share with you, thanks to Krypton Radio talent scout Charles Raven.
Minecraft, if you’ve been living under a large cubical grass covered rock, is one of the most popular games on the planet. In it, the world is made of huge blocks, a visual throwback to the earliest days of gaming where everything (including your player avatar) was made of enormous pixels. What makes Minecraft so engaging isn’t the visual detail in its 3D player environment – it’s the richness of the underlying world that the huge blocks represents. Players can build anything they can imagine using very simple tools; there is also a scripting language interface, and you can write scripts in the Python scripting language to create almost anything. The ability to control Mindcraft using scripts you make yourself has given rise to a remarkable amount of machinema – videos created using games as the visual medium rather than taking a camera and going out into the real world.
Take, for example, today’s Video Of The Day: In Search Of Diamonds,by Eric Fullerton of Huntsville, Alabama. Eric is a sound engineer and composer for film and video, but in his spare time he not only creates music (and music videos) about Minecraft, but a lot of his own original songs as well. He’s well known in the Minecraft online community for the quality of his music and machinema.
- Eric Fullerton’s Sound Cloud page – listen to some of Eric’s amazing music here
- Eric Fullerton’s work on iTunes (yes, you can have his music on your iPod)
- Eric Fullerton’s Facebook page
- Eric Fullerton on Twitter
- Eric Fullerton on YouTube
Latest posts by Krypton Radio (see all)
- It’s Official: Microsoft Buys Mojang for $2.5B - September 15, 2014
- On ‘TheEvent Horizon': Animation Director Christopher Romano - September 13, 2014
- Video of the Day: AVByte’s ‘Disney Villians – The Musical’ - September 12, 2014