The League of Extraordinary Ladies (LxL), Chrissy Lynn, and Clockwork Couture are hosting the fourth annual Craftacularstravaganza (the WHAT?), this Saturday, December 6, 2014. In short, it’s a craft bazaar focused on geeky artisan crafts and Clockwork Couture’s storefront will be open for your holiday shopping pleasure, as well. Oh, myyy! At present, there are 18 artisans participating in the event, selling everything from cake balls to jewelry, hats and other accessories, and bath products. Oh, and Clockwork Couture will be having a storewide sale, too! It’s a great start to your geeky holiday shopping, and, let’s face it, a nice opportunity to support small business while treating yourself, too.
Who’s going to be there?
- Lady Steam Designs (Jewelry, pillows and candles)
- Geek Fashion Week (hair bows and pins)
- Marvelously Macabre by Chrissy Lynn?(fascinators and hair clips)
- Rachel & Orion (jewelry, hats, and pillows)
- keep calm KERI on (etched glassware, laser-cut accessories, and charm earrings)
- uGeek Designs (hand-painted copper jewelry and ornaments)
- Whovian Geek (sci-fi and geek themed tote bags, laptop cases, and stickers)
- Domestic Goddess Enterprises (jewelry)
- Cobalt & Copper (wire-wrapped jewelry, costume accessories, home décor)
- Mombie Zombie (jewelry)
- Lil Rae Cakes (cake balls – OMG, YUM!)
- The Handmade Tales (cards, prints, and jewelry)
- Art On Its Side (original artwork, pin-ups)
- Lily Absinthe Corsetry (hand-made corsets, under-busts, and cinchers)
- Lady Bird’s Hatberdashery (bespoke hats)
- Art du Luna (art work)
- Fanboy Comics (comics)
- Katsy Chappell and Teresa Bruner (soap, toiletries, and textile crafts)
Dina Kampmeyer, co-founder of The League of Extraordinary Ladies and organizer of the event said, “The Craftacularstravaganza has become more than just a shopping event; it’s a community gathering of geeks where you can find old friends and meet new ones. I think it’s so important to support small businesses at this time of year, and what better way to do that than to shop small and geeky!”
Clockwork Couture has a life-sized TARDIS where visitors can pose for photos, so be sure to bring your camera! Also, While the storefront and some of the vendors accept credit and debit cards, some vendors can only accept cash, so come prepared to shop hard, nosh well, and have a great time with your fellow geeks at this family-friendly event! The Craftacularstravaganza will be open from noon to 4:00 p.m. Pacific at Clockwork Couture, 707 South Main Street, Burbank, California 91506.