Chigago, Ill. – After a mid-flight coordinate correction and much publicity, Chi-Fi is back on course. Chi-Fi is announcing that their much-anticipated inaugural event, Chi-Fi 0, at the beautiful Palmer House Hilton Hotel in downtown Chicago on Saturday March 29, 2014. Chi-Fi 0 will beam down to the 6th floor beginning at 3:00 PM and going until Early Sunday morning at 3:00 AM. Chi-Fi 0 will offer fantastic musical acts, exciting guests of honor, panels, and programming on a wide range of subjects, as well as a large vendor area, many artists, Bristol Renaissance Faire, and of course parties.
“We are thrilled to welcome Chi-Fi to the hotel,” says Palmer House Hilton General Manager Dean Lane. “Hopefully, this event is just the start of a long-lasting relationship between Chi-Fi and the Palmer House.”
Everyone who is pre-registered for 2015 will be able to register for free; Anyone else wanting to attend can register for $15.00 via the Chi-Fi website, chi-fi.org. We look forward to seeing everyone from everywhere there.
Our guest list for this event is still growing but so far we are very happy with the lineup:
- Jason Carter (actor, best known as Marcus from Babylon 5)
- S. J. Tucker (filk musician, recipient of multiple songwriting awards)
- Kieran Strange (media artist, world famous cosplayer, and British nerd-rock musician)
- Sarah Adams (British pop star and world famous cosplayer)
- Fangirl Sarah (world famous cosplayer, YouTube and podcast star)
- The great Luke Ski (Dementia musician, recipient of multiple awards for best songwriting and #1 songs)
- Apple Davies (award winning costumer and cosplayer)
- Klaymen Eberle (award winning costumer and cosplayer)
- Ken Hite (multiple award winner and designer of over 80 RPGs and supplements including Star Trek and Cthluhu)
- Runaway Five (synth video game band)
- Time Crash (the only US based “Trock,” or Dr. Who “Time Rock” band)
- Jamie Bernstein (Skepchick Network, a group dedicated to science and critical thinking)
Chi-Fi, having partnered with Kathleen Clickett, National Account Manager with Experient, is very happy to have found a new home.
The Palmer House Hotel is one of the landmarks of Chicago and the oldest continuously operating hotel in the country. The hotel is the perfect combination of modern amenities and rich history. In December 1945, Conrad Hilton bought the Palmer House for $20 million and it was thereafter known as The Palmer House Hilton. From 2007 to 2009, the hotel was completely renovated and restored. The hotel has a total of 1,639 guest rooms, making it the second-largest hotel in the city of Chicago.
– 30 –
- Chi-Fi 0 registration page