Here’s more news regarding Disney XD’s new take on DuckTales, based on Disney’s original series of the 80’s, which in turn was based on the classic comic book adventures by Carl Barks. They recently announced the voice cast to the new series, and here’s the lineup:
- Bobby Moynahan (“Saturday Night Live”, “The Awesomes”, andthe voice of Forgetful Bobby in “Inside Out”) provides the voice of Louie, the nephew who wore green.
- Ben Schwartz (“Parks And Recreation”, “Bojack Horseman”, and credited as one of the voice consultants for BB-8 in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens) is the voice of Dewey, the nephew who wore blue.
- Danny Pudi (“Community”, “Star Trek: Beyond”, and the voice of Brainy Smurf in the upcoming “Smurfs The Lost Village”) is the voice of Huey, the nephew who wore red.
- Kate Micucci (“Garfunkel and Oates”, the voice of Sadie in “Steven Universe”, and the voice of Velma in the current Scooby Doo animated movies) is the voice of Webigal “Webby” Vanderquack.
- Toks Olagundoye (“Castle”, “The Neighbors”, and the voice of Nanefuna in “Steven Universe”) is the voice of Mrs. Beakley.
- Beck Bennett (“Saturday Night Live”, the voice of Lance in “Sing”) is the voice of Lanchpad McQuack.
- As the voice of Scrooge McDuck, originally voiced by the late Alan Young, not only did Disney get an actual Scotsman for the role, but they got a Doctor to boot. David Tennant will be taking on the role of the richest duck in the world.
The show will be executive produced by Matt Youngberg (Ben 10: Omniverse), with Francisco Angones (Wander Over Yonder) as story editor and co-producer, and Sean Jimenez (Gravity Falls) as art director. The series is set to premiere on Disney XD in 2017, and is sure to please fans of the original DuckTales along with making new fans, as well.
By the way, here’s the new cast of Ducktales singing the theme to the show, a capella. It’s too fun to miss!