What do British actor Sir Patrick Stewart and American actor Harrison Ford have in common?
- Both have been professional actors for over half a century.
- Today is their birthday.
- Both have played starship captains (Jean-Luc Picard and Han Solo).
- Both have played professor-adventurerers (Professor Charles Xavier and “Indiana” Jones).
- Both have played national leaders (King Richard the Lion-hearted and President James Marshall, Air Force One).
- Both have played spies (Karla, Smiley’s People and Jack Ryan, Patriot Games).
- Both have worked for Disney (Stuart was the voice of Shakespeare in Gnomeo and Juliet, and the voice of the Great Prince in Bambi II, with Ford playing John Thornton in Call of the Wild ).
- Both are Golden Globe nominees.
- Each has been married three times,
- Each are still going strong in their theatrical careers, long past the age when lesser men would retire.
- Both are noted philanthropists. Sir Patrick has spoken up for veterans with PTSD, battered wives, and LGBT civil rights. Harrison Ford is a conservationist, and has urged voters to stop giving power to people who don’t believe in science.
- Neither have appeared in any of the Harry Potter movies (okay, that’s almost not a thing to make mention of, but it still counts …)
- Both were hearthrobs in their younger days, Sir Patrick was voted “Most Bodacious” male on television in 1993. Ford was he was chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1997.
- Each has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Both are celebrating their birthdays today, and we at Krypton Radio salute them.
Sir Patrick was born July 13, 1940 in Mirfield, Yorkshire, UK. Harrison Fordwas born July 13, 1942 in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Happy Birthday to them both!